Workplace Equality Strategy
A differentiated approach to values-based investing.
The Workplace Equality strategy was designed for investors to access companies that embody their value of equality without sacrificing returns. We believe that companies with a focus on doing the “right thing” and treating their employees well outperform their peers over time. With this in mind, the strategy invests in U.S. companies with progressive workplace policies that treat all employees equally.
- Companies that invest in their human capital, treat their employees with dignity, respect and equality, and value a diverse workforce provide better shareholder returns.
- Progressive workplace policies that treat all employees equally – regardless of sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, religion and other preferences – improve a company’s growth trajectory and long-term financial success.
- Companies exhibiting gender diversity at the board and executive level are better positioned for success.
- Identifying companies truly employing strong Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) practices matters as part of our screening and is best achieved by combining quantitative analysis with rigorous fundamental research.
- Operationally, organizations that foster equality in the workplace often realize lower employee turnover, higher employee engagement, faster decision-making, better innovation/creativity, and strong reputations in the eyes of customers.
Suresh Rajagopal, CFA
Director of All Cap Strategies, Director of ESG Research
John N. Roberts, Esq.
Senior Portfolio Manager
William J. Barritt, CFA
Equity Analyst, Portfolio Manager
To learn more, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
As of December 31, 2021. All opinions expressed in this presentation are solely the opinions of Segall Bryant & Hamill. You should not treat any opinion expressed as a specific inducement to make a particular investment or follow a particular strategy, but only as an expression of the manager’s opinions. The opinions expressed are based upon information the manager considers reliable, but completeness or accuracy is not warranted, and it should not be relied upon as such. Market conditions are subject to change at any time, and no forecast can be guaranteed. Any and all information perceived from this presentation does not constitute financial, legal, tax or other professional advice and is not intended as a substitute for consultation with a qualified professional. The manager’s statements and opinions are subject to change without notice, and Segall Bryant & Hamill is not under any obligation to update or correct any information provided in this presentation.