Our Client Privacy Pledge
At Segall Bryant & Hamill, our clients’ trust is important to us. Because you trust us with your financial and other personal information, we take the safeguarding and respect of this information very seriously. In order to maintain that trust, we pledge to protect your privacy by striving to adhere to the policy outlined below.
Personal information we obtain is limited but may come to use through account opening documents and custodial statements. The type of information collected is personal financial information, transaction and various other similar items of personal information. This information is important to provide the best service to you.
There may be times when such information is provided to our affiliates to enable us to receive services such as accounting, legal and compliance matters. Also, we provide such client information to other third party service providers when it is essential for the servicing of your account (i.e., transactional services). We may disclose such information to other third parties that we believe is necessary for the conduct of our business or where disclosure is required by law. We will subject such disclosures to confidentiality agreements.
It is our policy that we do not provide current and former customer names and account information to any outside firms, persons or organizations (such as catalogue or direct mail companies) unless there is a pre-existing relationship you have established, such as a custodian or professional service provider (i.e., attorney, accountant), you have provided authority for us to do so or in situations where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to provide such information.
It is our policy to not provide any other businesses with any information specific to accounts maintained at Segall Bryant & Hamill for the purpose of marketing or business leads.
It is our policy regarding documentation containing sensitive client information (i.e., name, address, SSN, account number, credit information, etc.) to dispose of sensitive client information in a manner whereby the information cannot be read or reconstructed. This includes shredding the information on a timely basis.
It is our policy to remove all data from computers so that the information cannot be restored or reconstructed before the computer is donated or disposed.
Security of Your Information
Your privacy is very important to us at Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC (SBH). We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal or state standards to protect your nonpublic personal information. We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to SBH employees who need to know that information to service your account.
Information we collect about users of our website and social media sites
We collect personal information about users through our website and SBH webpages on social media sites such as LinkedIn, which may include the following:
- Information users provide when they enter information on our website, such as when submitting a “Contact Us” message (such as name and email address);
- Information users provide when requesting literature such as applications or prospectuses (such as name, address, phone number, and email address);
- Information users provide when posting content on social media sites;
- Information users provide in their social media bio;
- Information captured in our web logs such as device information (e.g. device brand and model, screen dimensions), unique identification numbers (e.g. IP address and device ID), and browser information (e.g. URL, browser type, pages visited, date/time of access);
- Information captured by cookies (see section on “Cookies and how we use them” below);
There may be times when such information is provided to our affiliates to enable us to receive services such as accounting, legal and compliance matters. Also, we provide such client information to other third party service providers when it is essential for the servicing of your account (i.e., transactional services). We may disclose such information to other third parties that we believe it necessary for the conduct of our business or where disclosure is required by law. We will subject such disclosures to confidentiality agreements.
Cookies and how we use them
We categorize cookies as necessary and not necessary. Cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential to the basic functionalities of the website.
Cookies that are not necessary include performance and targeting cookies and include third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. These cookies will be stored on your browser only with your consent. You have the ability to opt-out of these cookies but this may have an impact on your browsing experience.
- To assist you in navigation;
- To analyze your use of our products, services or applications;
- To assist you with our promotional and marketing efforts;
- To maintain and enhance our website and the services and information we offer;
- To analyze trends in our users’ behavior.
Website analytics and online tracking
Your rights – California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, California residents are granted certain rights related to the personal information held by a business. If applicable, these rights include:
- To request that we disclose personal information we have collected about you and sources in the past 12 months;
- To request that we delete your personal information (except as legally required or under exceptions identified in the CCPA);
- To request that we disclose the business purpose for collecting your personal information; and
- To request that we disclose the categories of your personal information we shared with third parties and the categories of third-parties with whom we share your information.
If the CCPA applies to you and you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact the Compliance Department using the contact information provided below. We may need to seek further information from you to confirm your identity before we release any personal information. This does not affect your right to make a complaint. We do not discriminate against consumers because they have exercised any of the consumer rights in the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or the personal information we collect through our website, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
Segall Bryant & Hamill
Attn: Marketing Department
540 West Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60661
Toll Free: 800-836-4265